db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: JDO Collections
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:04:39 GMT
Mahler Thomas wrote:

>Hi Gus,
>
>The current JDO implementation does not inherit the ODMG stuff.
>You should use simple java.util.Collection attributes for your collections.

Sigh. I guess that means I can't rely on the order of anything and have
to sort every time I retreive if order is important.... and keep an
listOrder or timeStamp field for lists  that have arbitrary but
important order?

>You'll have to define collection-descriptors with
>auto-retrieve="true", auto-update="false" and auto-delete="false".

This is in repository-user? in .jdo files? or both? Looks like my
project for today is to figure out what xdoclet tags do what I need
then... any hints?