db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: ConnectionfactoryPooledImpl in Weblogic, was rollback problem
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 00:15:56 GMT
Hi Bonnie,

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:27:44 -0400, Bonnie MacKellar <BMACKELL@mobius.com>
wrote:

> No one answered this, but I did find my problem - I needed to set
> useAutoCommit="1" in my repository_database.xml file

is the docmentation in
http://db.apache.org/ojb/repository.html#jdbc-connection-descriptor
mistakable?

> However, I need to understand something. If I am running in Weblogic,
> using
> a connection pooled data source,
> but NOT using EJBs, and NOT using JTA, is it safe to use
> ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl?

yes, because all shipped ConnectionFactory implementation
do not pool DataSources. When using DataSource OJB assume
that the pooling is done by the emittent of the DataSources.

> Will this cause problems for me down the line? I am feeling very unsure
> of
> this
> configuration.

I don't see any problems in the described
situation
> ...NOT using EJBs, and NOT using JTA,

regards,
Armin