db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Queries for M:N collections?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 22:00:24 GMT
At 16:44 -0500 10/1/03, Joe Germuska wrote:
>I'm dealing with a case where I want to model an M:N relationship
>between two objects of the same type.  I have a collection
>descriptor modeled off of the example for this on the OJB site.
>When I go to store, I'm getting a class cast exception...

For what it's worth, changing that property to a Collection
definitely solved my problem.  Which leads me to the real question:

I need to construct a Query which selects collections for either
direction of this relationship.  That is, Given a parent, I need to
find all of its children, and given a child, I need to find all of
their possible parents.

I can probably work this out with a QueryBySQL, but I'm trying to
avoid that.  I don't see any methods on Criteria to set where I can
set something like "property contains some member"...  Can anyone
advise?

Thanks in advance,
	Joe

--