db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject arrays legal for M:N collections?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:44:38 GMT
I get a 502 error when I try to get to Scarab to see if this has been
reported or not, so I'll email and see if anyone recognizes the
issue...

I'm dealing with a case where I want to model an M:N relationship
between two objects of the same type.  I have a collection descriptor
modeled off of the example for this on the OJB site.  When I go to
store, I'm getting a class cast exception, presumably when this code
is run:

org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl, line 781:

                 if (cds.isMtoNRelation())
                 {
                     currentMtoNKeys = getMtoNImplementor(cds, obj);
                     // delete unused m:n implementors
                     deleteMtoNImplementor(cds, obj, (Collection)col,
currentMtoNKeys);
                 }

My "col" here is an array of the element type.  Is this just
something which isn't allowed?  Or have I stumbled on to a bug, and
this should deal with the possibility that "col" is an Array as well?

Thanks in advance,
	Joe

--
Joe Germuska