db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Gerhard.Gro...@lex-com.net
Subject Unwanted Proxy Materialization when obtaining ODMG READ lock
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:17:07 GMT
I posted this question a while ago and got no response so far:

I am using the ODMG API (RC4 and CVS HEAD) with setting
ImplicitLocking=false in OJB.properties.

When I obtain a READ lock on an object that has proxy references, all
proxies are getting materialized. Due to above setting, there are not even
READ locks put on the referenced objects, so I wonder why this happens.

Stepping through the code shows that this happens in the method
assertFkAssignment in class TransactionImpl. This method gets called from
assignReferenceFKs, which in turn gets called from the lock method.

Is this really necessary at this point? I would be very glad to know a way
to avoid this, as in my case materializing all references would be
prohibitively expensive.

Thanks for any hints!

Gerhard