db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From "Durham David Contr 805 CSPTS/SCBE" <David.Durh...@scott.af.mil>
Subject RE: Can I use multiple Sequence Managers
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:03:18 GMT
####### Currently it's not supported (you can only
>define SequenceManager implementations on a per
>jdbc-connection-descriptor level), but you can easy write your
>own SequenceManager implementation to manage different SM
>implementations. Use custom 'attribute' elements in your
>field-descriptor to specify the different SM implementation
>classes and let your SM implementation manage the different instances.
>
>regards,
>Armin

Ok, I'll give that a try.

I was thinking of something like
<class-descriptor><sequence-manager/></class-descriptor>

Then persistence broker will check class-descriptor before defaulting to
jdbc-connection's sequence manager.

Are there any plans to introduce this/these feature(s)?  Probably too
late for 1.0?

Thanks,

Dave