db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From "Oliver Rutherfurd" <orutherf...@alloy.com>
Subject Problem with keyword as column name
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:50:08 GMT
I'm having problems using OBJ (1.0rc3) to access a table in SQL Server which
has a column named "Key".  I defined the field in my repository.xml file
like so:

    <field-descriptor column="Key"
            jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
            name="key"/>

I get the following error:

    java.sql.SQLException: [JCDEVDB]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'Key'.

I tried to escape the column name in the repository.xml file, like so:

    <field-descriptor column="[Key]"
            jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
            name="key"/>

I got the following error:

    java.util.NoSuchElementException: Could not obtain next object: Error
reading from result set: [TDS Driver]Column '[Key]' not found.

Much as I'd like to change the column name, so this problem would just go
away, it's not an option.  How can I get this to work?

Thanks,
-Ollie