db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Bonnie MacKellar <BMACK...@mobius.com>
Subject not exists criteria - does it work?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:07:44 GMT
Is it true that you can't link the subquery in a not exists clause
(Criteria.addNotExists)
to the results in the outer query? What would be the point of using a not
exists clause
if you can't do that?

I have a table SuggestedPayments, which participates in a M to N
relationship
called CompletedBy, with a table called PaymentTxn.

I need to retrieve all SuggestedPayments that have no payment transactions
with a paid status.

The only way I can think to do this is with a not exists clause, retrieving
the payment transactions for a suggested payment in the subquery.
But then I need to link the subquery.

Is there another way?

thanks,
Bonnie MacKellar