db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Bonnie MacKellar <BMACK...@mobius.com>
Subject can an INTEGER version field be mapped to Integer instead of int?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:21:44 GMT
I am using an integer field for optimistic locking. It is
declared INTEGER in the database, and is mapped to
an int field in the persistent object class...

class Customer {
      private int customerID;  // the primary key
      private int rowVersion;  // the lock field

Is it possible to map these fields, especially the rowVersion
field, to Integer insted of int? Or will it cause problems for
optimistic locking?

Another developer in my group wants to use a query by example,
and can't because he can't specify rowVersion as null.

Bonnie MacKellar