db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From Bonnie MacKellar <BMACK...@mobius.com>
Subject can an INTEGER version field be mapped to Integer instead of int?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:21:44 GMT
I am using an integer field for optimistic locking. It is
declared INTEGER in the database, and is mapped to
an int field in the persistent object class...

class Customer {
      private int customerID;  // the primary key
      private int rowVersion;  // the lock field
}

Is it possible to map these fields, especially the rowVersion
field, to Integer insted of int? Or will it cause problems for
optimistic locking?

Another developer in my group wants to use a query by example,
and can't because he can't specify rowVersion as null.

thanks,
Bonnie MacKellar