db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From "Guido Beutler" <guido.beut...@hrs.de>
Subject Re: OJB RC4 does not select all objects?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 06:44:27 GMT
Hi Armin,

first thanks for your support !!

Armin Waibel wrote:

> Hi Guido,
>
> sorry for the late reply!
>
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 09:37:26 +0200, Guido Beutler
> <guido.beutler@hrs.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> because I did not get any reply for my postings I'm trying to get
>> some information.
>>
>> What mean "side effect"?
>
> when set eager-releas='true' the connection
> was closed after each statement in StatementManager
> was closed.

But as long as the datasource is not exceeded getting a nex connection
shoudn't be a problem.
If the datasource limit is reached I get exceptions that ojb couldn't
obtain a new connection.
In this case no exception is thrown.

>> I'm running inside of jboss and without eager-releas='true'
>> the datasource extends it's maximum limit.
>
> That's the reason why eager-release was introduced ;-)

I remember that :-)

>> Why not all objects are selected and why without throwing any exception?
>> Is there a workaround (instead of making a lot of primary key selects)?
>>
> as I said in my previous post "this can be" a side-effect
> of eager-release, but I'm not sure. Did your test case
> pass in OJB standalone mode? If yes, the problem is
> eager-release.

Ok. I'll build a standalone test case and try it out.

best regards,

Guido