db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From carlos <car...@onewaylife.co.uk>
Subject Cache and prefetched relationships
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2003 14:37:11 GMT
Hi,

I've been studying the prefetch relationship behaviour of ojb and would like
to know if the following statement is correct.

broker.getCollectionByQuery(): Optimised prefetched relationships are only
useful if object caching is enabled.

Also, using the default cache, it appears that any related objects obtained by
an optimised SQL IN() clause may be 'garbage collected' before being assigned
to the 'owning object', causing another database lookup at assigment.  I
believe I've observed this behaviour retrieving many objects (2000+) - Is
this correct?

I'm using rc4 HEAD (from 04-Oct).

regards,

Carlos