db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From "Armin Waibel" <ar...@code-au-lait.de>
Subject Re: Questions: High/Low Sequence Manager
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:22:09 GMT
Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farnea Massimiliano" <massimiliano.farnea@atscom.it>
To: "OJB Users List" <ojb-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:27 AM
Subject: R: Questions: High/Low Sequence Manager

> > 2. The sequence-name for my implementations are diffent, one is
> referenced
> > only in the repository.xml, while I got direct access to the second
in
> my
> > application code.
> Sorry, I don't understand that.
> Can you explain more.
>
> I use a Sequence Manager (SequenceManagerHighLowImpl) normally for
> autoincrementing some entity fields (the primary keys), I configured
it in
> the repository.xml;
> while I use a different Sequence Manager (a SequenceManagerHighLowImpl
> extension) inside my business logic classes.
> My question finally is: are there any known troubles using 2
> SequenceManagerHighLowImpl istances (with different sequence name) on
the
> same database?

No, this shouldn't cause any troubles. OJB itself use different
instances of the same SM implementation - each PB instance
use its own SM instance. So if your extension does not
corrupt data in the OJB_HL_SEQ table, all should work fine.
(I recommend you to write a junit test to do some "real life" tests)

regards,
Armin