db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From <vberezni...@siuh.edu>
Subject Re: Nested fields (was: Object spanning multiple columns)(Scanned for viruses: Notes Admin)
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:27:08 GMT
I read up on Nested fields and I have a question about
PersistentNestedFieldMaxPerformanceImpl and
PersistentFieldMaxPerformanceImpl. After digging through the code it seems
that PersistentNestedFieldMaxPerformanceImpl would behave the same as
PersistentFieldMaxPerformanceImpl in cases when there are no nested fields
specified.  Is there a particular reason the two can not be merged into
one? Is there a need for a PersistentField implementation that has to be
explicitly not nestable?

Sincerely,
Vladimir Berezniker
Sr. Programmer Analyst