db-ojb-user mailing list archives

From oliver.m...@ppi.de
Subject OQL syntax, was: RE: OJB
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 07:26:15 GMT
Hello,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Thomas Mahler [mailto:thma@apache.org]
>
> POET (www.poet.com)

I am new to OJB, but I know about Poet (or rather: FastObjects,
as the product is called now).

> > OJB - the best example is this from the provided link
> >
> > SELECT x FROM persons x WHERE x.name = "Pat"
> >
> > OJB OQL does not support the aliasing (persons x) so the
> above has to be
> > written as
> >
> > SELECT x FROM persons WHERE name = "Pat"

In FastObjects-OQL syntax, this can be written as:

SELECT x FROM personsExtent AS X WHERE x.name = "Pat"

You can also do things like:

SELECT x.spouse.name FROM personsExtent AS X WHERE x.name = "Pat"

to get the names of people married to a "Pat".  (In case
of FastObjects as a String-array, not a DCollection)

Can you do this in OJB-OQL, too?

Apart from the OQL-syntax, I agree that Poet has a fairly
standard compliant API and documentation.

Oliver

--
  Dr. Oliver Matz
  ppi Media GmbH