db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r538346 - in /db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker: PersistenceChecker.java core/PersistenceCheckerOptImpl.java core/PersistenceCheckerSolidImpl.java util/ShortcutMapper.java
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 09:40:22 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:
> You can find a patched version of ShortcutMapper class in SVN. Only a
> few lines of code change. Now inner class Mapping always resolve the
> Class via ClassHelper.
>
> Do you think it this can cause class loader hassle - e.g. the mapped
> Class instance (initialized at first call of ShortcutMapper) is
> different from the resolved one (user set other class-loader in
> ClassHelper and then resolve the shortcut name)?

No, I do not think that this will lead to any classloading problems,
as long as all OJB run-time classloading is routed through ClassHelper.

If someone changes the classloader used by ClassHelper they probably
know what they are doing and have control over the runtime behaviour.

The behaviour of loading JCSCache is now consistent with loading
other pluggable instances of OJB - which I think is fine.

Regards,
  Martin