db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r538346 - in /db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker: PersistenceChecker.java core/PersistenceCheckerOptImpl.java core/PersistenceCheckerSolidImpl.java util/ShortcutMapper.java
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:35:56 GMT
Hi Martin,

sorry for late reply (had problems with my apache account, ssh-access).

Martin Kalén wrote:

> Hi Armin and everyone else,
>  snippets from SVN #538346:
>
> arminw@apache.org wrote:
>> Log:
>> initial check in
>>
>> Added:
>>
>> db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker/util/ShortcutMapper.java

>> +    static
>> +    {
>> +        Mapping mapping = new Mapping(ObjectCache.class)
>> +                .add("jcs", ObjectCacheJCSImpl.class);
>
> This adds a new run-time dependency for OJB (the JCS JAR) which was
> previously only present if explicitly selecting the JCS cache.
>
> Would it be possible to change to use class names as String objects
> stored in the shortcut mapping table, and then look them up on demand
> instead (with the OJB standard classForName wrappers)?
>
> I could work on a patch for this if you think it seems like an OK
> behviour. (The change would be transparent to users having the
> shortcut "jcs" in their repository files.)

I agree with you and sorry I don't think about this before writing the
ShortcutMapper class.
Additional new run-time dependencies are:
PersistentFieldDynaBeanImpl --> org.apache.commons.beanutils.DynaBean
PersistentFieldAutoProxyImpl, PersistentFieldCGLibImpl --> CGLib

You can find a patched version of ShortcutMapper class in SVN. Only a
few lines of code change. Now inner class Mapping always resolve the
Class via ClassHelper.

Do you think it this can cause class loader hassle - e.g. the mapped
Class instance (initialized at first call of ShortcutMapper) is
different from the resolved one (user set other class-loader in
ClassHelper and then resolve the shortcut name)?

regards,
Armin