db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r538346 - in /db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker: PersistenceChecker.java core/PersistenceCheckerOptImpl.java core/PersistenceCheckerSolidImpl.java util/ShortcutMapper.java
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:10:04 GMT
Hi Martin,

Martin Kalén wrote:

 > Hi Armin and everyone else,
 >  snippets from SVN #538346:
 >
 > arminw@apache.org wrote:
 >> Log:
 >> initial check in
 >>
 >> Added:

db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker/util/ShortcutMapper.java

 >> +    static
 >> +    {
 >> +        Mapping mapping = new Mapping(ObjectCache.class)
 >> +                .add("jcs", ObjectCacheJCSImpl.class);
 >
 > This adds a new run-time dependency for OJB (the JCS JAR) which was
 > previously only present if explicitly selecting the JCS cache.
 >
 > Would it be possible to change to use class names as String objects
 > stored in the shortcut mapping table, and then look them up on demand
 > instead (with the OJB standard classForName wrappers)?
 >
 > I could work on a patch for this if you think it seems like an OK
 > behviour. (The change would be transparent to users having the
 > shortcut "jcs" in their repository files.)

I agree with you and sorry I don't think about this before writing the
ShortcutMapper class.
Additional new run-time dependencies are:
PersistentFieldDynaBeanImpl --> org.apache.commons.beanutils.DynaBean
PersistentFieldAutoProxyImpl, PersistentFieldCGLibImpl --> CGLib

You can find a patched version of ShortcutMapper class in SVN. Only a
few lines of code change. Now inner class Mapping always resolve the
Class via ClassHelper.

Do you think it this can cause class loader hassle - e.g. the mapped
Class instance (initialized at first call of ShortcutMapper) is
different from the resolved one (user set other class-loader in
ClassHelper and then resolve the shortcut name)?

regards,
Armin