db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Ivy ?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:44:34 GMT
On 1/3/06, Thomas Dudziak <tomdzk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 12/31/05, Thomas Dudziak <tomdzk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > WDYT, should I try to integrate Ivy into OJB ?
> >
> > From what I understand, the Maven 2 Ant libs are a better option.
> > Someone's blog (ie could be wrong) suggested they would be rolled into
> > a future version of Ant.
>
> My motivation would be that we don't have to put the jars in the
> repository/source dist, and in the Eclipse classpath file. Will Maven2
> be able to do this as well ?

Definitely the first one: http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks.html

I'm not an Eclipse expert to know about the second. As I usually use
Maven, I never put .classpath and .project into svn, I just run 'maven
eclipse' to generate them locally. I suspect you would just point your
classpath at whatever directory the maven dependencies task downloads
the jars into.

Hen