db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Ivy ?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:21:25 GMT
> On 12/31/05, Thomas Dudziak <tomdzk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Now I'm not that much of a Maven guy, and given the troubles that the
> > jakarta commons guys had/have, I'd rather avoid Maven 1 (Maven 2 might be worth
checking out though).

> To be fair, the Commons problems are with the multiproject concept in
> Maven. Provided you're not trying to be too customised, Maven 1 works
> very well for a single project/jar.

I didn't want to discredit Maven, but then again OJB does some special
things in its build file which probably won't work with pure Maven,
and I do not really want to write Maven plugins.

> > WDYT, should I try to integrate Ivy into OJB ?
>
> From what I understand, the Maven 2 Ant libs are a better option.
> Someone's blog (ie could be wrong) suggested they would be rolled into
> a future version of Ant.

My motivation would be that we don't have to put the jars in the
repository/source dist, and in the Eclipse classpath file. Will Maven2
be able to do this as well ?

regards,
Tom