db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem to have ojb 1.1.0 to work with spring's LocalDataSourceConnectionFactory
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:05:34 GMT
Hi Lin-Long,

the CVS trunk (OJB 1.x) is under development and is not recommended for
use in production environment. We plan to release a first
alpha/beta-release of OJB 1.x (the version could be e.g. 1.5 and will
indicate that it is not 100% backward compatible with the OJB 1.0.x
release branch) end of this year or beginning of 2006.
If the 1.x API is stable the OJB Spring integration should be reworked
(with OJB 1.x the OJB spring integration will be smoother).

The next upcoming version of OJB is 1.0.4 and will be generated by the
OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch.
Currently the OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch is 95% stable (3 fiddly bugs
prevent us from releasing 1.0.4rc1, these bugs are included in 1.0.3 as
well).
Since 1.0.3 we did many bug fixes and improvements in OJB_1_0_RELEASE
branch (bug fix notes will be added after code freeze).
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/db-ojb/release-notes.txt?rev=1.54.2.52&view=markup

The upcoming 1.0.4rc1 should be more stable than 1.0.3. So if you don't
have deadline constraints in near future I would recommend to use 1.0.x
branch and wait for the 1.0.4 release.

regards,
Armin