db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Clute, Andrew" <Andrew.Cl...@etech.ohio.gov>
Subject Read-only Anonymous keys?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:48:25 GMT
I have a situation where I have an object that is backed by a view. This
view is a composite of a couple tables, however for this object, only
the fields from one particular table are the ones that need to be
updatable. This works ok with MSSQL as views are able to be updatable as
long as you do an update on columns from one of the tables.

My issue is that some of the fields of this objects (and that are part
of the table I don't want to update) are FK's to other objects. I am
using anonymous keys to create the references. However, whenever the
update statement is created for this objects, it adds to the SET clause
these columns, which is a no-no.

What I would like to do is be able to mark the field as both anonymous
and read-only. I don't want OJB to attempt to update those columns for
that relationship.

Thoughts? Am I missing something small, or is there some reason this
should never be done?

-Andrew