db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Clute, Andrew" <Andrew.Cl...@etech.ohio.gov>
Subject RE: Code Cleanup
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:37:39 GMT
I agree that stricter settings are nicer, but I would argue that we
should only generate warnings for areas that we are really going to fix.

The mantra we have taken on our team is a "An Empty 'Problems' Window"
-- which we mean no errors and no warnings. So, if when we decide to
turn a warning on, we are also deciding at that point to fix the
problems then to clear all the warnings. It does us no good to see a
problems window with ~1500 warnings if you don't plan to fix them,
because then you just begin to ignore it all together.

On the same breath -- I am also checking in to that same file formatter
settings as well, that should match what the standard is stated on the
website. This will allow the use of Ctrl-Shift-F inside of Eclipse to
give standard results for everyone.

Thoughts?

-Andrew