db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Read-only Anonymous keys?
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:03:49 GMT
On 8/27/05, Clute, Andrew <Andrew.Clute@etech.ohio.gov> wrote:

> Well, I took a look at implementing such a feature, and it was trivial.
> It really only hit 2 spots.
>
> Does anyone have any objects to me adding a new access type to the
> field-descriptor named "anonymous-readonly"? This type responds true for
> both isReadOnly() and isAnonymous().

IMO it would make the most sense to separate the two concerns
(read/write vs. anonymous), eg. by introducing an anonymous attribute
in the field-descriptor element and deprecating the "anonymous" access
value (ie. issue a warning in the log when its used). Would make the
handling in the XDoclet module easier, too.

Btw, would it make sense to add a writeonly access type (which isn't
queried, only inserted/updated) ?

Tom