db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code Cleanup
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:03:41 GMT
On 8/17/05, Clute, Andrew <Andrew.Clute@etech.ohio.gov> wrote:
> http://db.apache.org/ojb/code-standards.html
>
> Is this no longer applicable?

I believe, there are places in OJB that don't follow these guidelines,
though IMO naming is more of an issue for us than spacing.
Btw, I think that page is somewhat out of date, eg. see point 6. Any
why is my account name is appearing there ? :-)

> For Eclipse users right now, what are you doing for code formatting? Are
> you not doing it at all when inside your OJB project in eclipse? I know
> that I am so use to using it for my normal work, that it is a hard-habit
> to break when inside of OJB -- so much that I figured more than just me
> had the same issue, and it would be nice to have a consistent settings.

When debugging, I don't change OJB. When I implement, then usually I
reformat the code section that I'm touching (method, or sometimes
class if small or I'm going to change most of the class anyway) but
only that. Eg. I add javadoc, enhance variable names, adjust
formatting etc. But I'm not using Eclipse's Ctrl-Shift-F but rather do
it manually, mostly because it helps me to understand the code (eg.
see possibilities for refactoring) and things like finding better
variable names cannot be done automatically anyway.

Tom