db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code Cleanup
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:47:34 GMT
On 8/17/05, Clute, Andrew <Andrew.Clute@etech.ohio.gov> wrote:
> I agree that stricter settings are nicer, but I would argue that we
> should only generate warnings for areas that we are really going to fix.

+1
Might be useful to add JLint or some other code checker to the build process?
Esp. for the Javadocs :-)

> On the same breath -- I am also checking in to that same file formatter
> settings as well, that should match what the standard is stated on the
> website. This will allow the use of Ctrl-Shift-F inside of Eclipse to
> give standard results for everyone.

Please don't. I don't think we agree on a coding standard (at least we
would have to have a vote for it IMO). And applying it makes using CVS
merging more difficult (esp. with local changes).

Tom