db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Luis Fernando Pollo" <lpo...@terra.com.br>
Subject Known issue with extents mapped to multiple tables?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:45:42 GMT
Hello all!

Is anyone working on the known issue with extents being mapped to multiple
joined tables, where queries on the base class or even collection references
always return instances of the base class, and not of specific subclasses?
Even better, has anyone patched OJB to do this successfully yet?

I've been a user of OJB since RC3, and it's hard to believe that such an
important part of an ORM solution is *still* not working properly in 1.0.3!
I've recently wandered about Hibernate-land to compare it against OJB and
gave up after many painful hours of object life-cycle management hell, which
you never have to worry about in OJB. But I have to say that their support
for inheritance in *any* scenario is light-years ahead... :(

I'm hoping someone has already come up with a solution for this, because it
might very well be the only feature keeping me from happily switching back
to OJB at this point.

Regards,

Luis.