db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Method check Platform.isCallableStatement is not sufficient
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:05:17 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:
> Hi Vadim,
>
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Armin Waibel wrote:
>>
>>> Is it correct that methods like PB.getByIdentity(Identity) never using
>>
>> (Do you mean getObjectByIdentity()?)
>>

>>> stored procedure?
>>

>> No, this statement is not correct. getObjectByIdentity uses
>> StatementManager.getSelectByPKStatement, and this can return
>> SelectByPKProcedure.
>

> Are you sure that this is part of 1.0.x? I can't find a
> SelectByPKProcedure. I can't find a method #getSelectByPKProcedure in
> ClassDescriptor similar to #getDeleteProcedure(),...

Oops! :-)

> In SqlGeneratorDefaultImpl#getPreparedSelectByPkStatement OJB never
> check for callable statement as in
> SqlGeneratorDefaultImpl#getPreparedInsertStatement (here OJB checks for
> the delete ProcedureDescriptor in ClassDescriptor).
>
> So I assume that the used sql is always a "normal" query and never a SP.

Ok, I completely forgot that OJB-16 [1] was applied only to 1.1, not 1.0 - I
have it applied on my local branch. So 1.0 in CVS has no select-by procedures.
But things are different in 1.1 - there, there is a select-by-pk procedure. I
think it's time for me to move on to 1.1 :-)

Sorry for the confusion,

Thanks,
Vadim

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OJB-16