db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Cosmin MERLUSCA <c.merlu...@artis.fr>
Subject RE: OJB 1.1
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:40:26 GMT
Thank you very much, is good to have an answer, even if it is not the one I
hoped for.:(
Well, keep up the good work and hopefully I will have my problem solved as
soon as possible.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Armin Waibel [mailto:arminw@apache.org]
Envoyé : mercredi 22 juin 2005 17:31
À : OJB Developers List
Objet : Re: OJB 1.1

Hi Cosmin,

OJB is a open source project so it's difficult to do prognoses. I can't
speak for the other committer only for myself

 > 1. Is this project going on or is it going to be stopped? The answer
to this
 > is critical for the project.

yep, I will support OJB in future (if I'm able to do so ;-)).

 > 2. If is going to continue, when is OJB 1.1 due to come out?

That's a good question. Hope we can release 1.1 before end of this year.

 > 3. Will OJB 1.1 solve the problem of complex expressions? I have
spent quite
 > a lot of time searching the answer to this question, and I have seen that
 > there was some work done on 1.0.3, but this is hardly enough. What I
need is
 > to be able to create complex expressions and if this problem is not
going to
 > be solved, I can perform SQL queries directly. I just want to know,
so that
 > I can make a planning on my work and on the directions on which I
should go.

AFAIK Jakob refactored parts of the query generation for 1.1 but I don't
know in detail the new features / fixed issues. Maybe you can find some
hints in jira
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10700

regards,
Armin