db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC: Multi-Level Timeouts for Default Cache
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:06:58 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:
> I tend to think that a better approach might be to use named cache
> regions and completely leave the cache configuration up to the cache
> implementation. The default cache might have some optional config
> params to specify this, or we could default to one of the many open
> source caching implementations out there now.

OK, I am convinced - it is probably more of a caching-aspect and not
related to class-descriptors. If I think eg. JCS, the named region approach
seems straight forward. (Let's not reinvent the wheel.)

Speaking of which -- isn't it already possible to tune the TTL for different
classes when using JCS since the regions are created per FQN and the caching
config is controlled using JCD properties? I have not used OJB+JCS in a long
time and have a somewhat sketchy recollection of the details so this might be
bogus...

Cheers,
  Martin