db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem borrowing a connection from pool
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:19:35 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:
>> I would say that ClassHelper methods using setAccessible(true) should
>> be removed, unless there is very good reason or major refactor effort
>> to prevent it.
>
> +1 agree.
> All pluggable components have to had public constructors, so there is no
> need to suppress the java security police like e.g.
> ConfigurableFactory#createNewInstance it does.

OK, I will do this in both 1.0.x branch and HEAD if no-one has a specific
reason to keep it.

I'm short on "OJB-time" so ETA is end of next week, which means eveyone
can think about it without stress... :)

This will IMO be a good change since the users of J2EE-servers with
JVM security policies do not have to hack their policy to get OJB
up and running.

Regards,
  Martin