db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Conversion patch?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:31:56 GMT
Alex Yacoub wrote:
> I've added a new conversion to OJB from java.util.Date to
> java.sql.Time.  Basically, I just took a currently existing  conversion
> and changed it slightly to use sql.Time instead of  sql.Date.  Is there
> any interest in including this in the mainline  OJB?  I can attach a
> patch if so.

Thanks, your contribution is appreciated.

Sure, why not? Once you have mastered your first conversion class
it's easy enough to tweak them to whicever types you use -- but having a
good set of standard conversion classes in the OJB distribution would
lower the barrier for new users.

I suppose it's easiest to track this if you open an improvement
in JIRA [1] and attach your code there. (Set affected versions to both
v1.0.3 and v1.1 CVS, if prompted, so that the class gets added to
branch and trunk.)

Regards,
  Martin

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=OJB