db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert S. Sfeir" <rob...@codepuccino.com>
Subject SQL Conversion not working in 1.0.3???
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 13:09:13 GMT
Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure out if this is something OJB is doing or
something Spring Framework's hooks are doing.

I have a definition of a field as follows:

          <field-descriptor
             name="submissionDate"
             column="ticket_submissionDate"
             jdbc-type="TIMESTAMP"

conversion="org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.conversions.JavaDate2SqlTi
mestampFieldConversion"

         </field-descriptor>

The data incoming is a long and the Object is an instace of Date,
which according to the converting class is correct.  After doing more
stepping through the code in the debugger, I noticed that the
conversion class never gets called.  I even set it to something
completely ridiculous and nothing failed.

So the question is, did something fall off here in the move to ojb
1.0.3 or is this something I should take up with Juergen on the
Spring list?

Thanks