db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject OJB 1.0 to 1.1 Migration Experience
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:58:27 GMT
Hi All,

Here is my OJB 1.0 to 1.1 migration experience on one of the Cocoon based,
PersistenceBroker apps. I had no much knowledge on what has changed in OJB 1.1
so thanks to Thomas for some help here.

Following modifications has been done in order to run an app under OJB 1.1:

   * New Logger Constructor.
     OJB now requires presense of Logger(String, LoggingConfiguration)
     constructor in every logger implementation. Previously, it used
     Logger(String) constructor. Added new constructor [1].

   * Modified ConnectionFactory Interface, New Constructor.
     OJB now requires presense of ConnectionFactory(JdbcConnectionDescriptor)
     constructor in every ConnectionFactory implementation. ConnectionFactory
     interface method signatures changed too. Two new methods added.
     It was possible to implement ConnectionFactory in such a way so that
     both OJB 1.0 and 1.1 are happy [2].

   * Changes in OJB.properties.

     Following properties values has been modified:

       * IndirectionHandlerClass:
         IndirectionHandlerDefaultImpl is gone, replaced with
         IndirectionHandlerCGLIBImpl.

       * LockManagerClass
         Package name changed from o.a.o.odmg to o.a.o.broker.

       * LockMapClass
         InMemoryLockMapImpl renamed to LockMapInMemoryImpl.

       * PersistenceFieldClass
         PersistentFieldDirectAccessImplNew is gone, replaced with
         PersistentFieldDirectImpl.

     Following new properties has been added:

       * ProxyFactoryClass
         org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.ProxyFactoryCGLIBImpl

       * LocalCacheClass
         org.apache.ojb.broker.cache.LocalCache

       * OdmgLockManagerClass
         org.apache.ojb.odmg.locking.LockManagerDefaultImpl

     Following old properties has been removed:

       * ConnectionFactoryClass
       * ObjectCacheClass
       * descriptorBasedCaches

    * Changes in repository_database.xml
      Added <connection-factory/> element (replacing
      ConnectionFactoryClass property).

After these changes, app seems to start up Ok and appears to be working as
before. I did not do any serious testing with OJB 1.1 (yet).

Regards,
Vadim

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=164812&view=rev
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=164912&view=rev