db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Method check Platform.isCallableStatement is not sufficient
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:30:57 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after the changes made to support stored procedures returning
> ResultSets, all MaxDB/SapDB tests fail, because the check for
> CallableStatements made in Platform.isCallableStatement is not sufficient.
>
> The MaxDB driver always retrun a Statement object which is instance of
> CallableStatement, so OJB always assume a stored procedure was used. I
> think this check is wrong:
> If instance of statement object is CallableStatement ==> a stored
> procedure is used - is wrong!
>
> Any suggestions how to fix this?

Armin,

DefaultPlatform.isCallableStatement is just an "intelligent guess" on whether
the statement is callable or not.

Please override this method in the concrete platform implementations which can
do more precise, platform specific check. For example, it is already overridden
in HsqldbPlatform (it does not support calls at all).

As for necessity of this call, there is no contract between StatementManager and
JdbcAccessImpl which would pass the knowledge whether this is a call or not.

Thanks,
Vadim