db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [rfc] website docs minor changes
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:10:37 GMT
Martin Kalén wrote:
> Armin Waibel wrote:
>
> (otm status)
>
>> I vote to keep the "eye-catcher" in OTM section of status page (using
>> a <note> element) to emphasize that work currently stopped.
>

> It's now a note, but I am not so sure the table option looks OK?
>
> Check out:
> http://people.apache.org/~mkalen/ojb/site/status.html

Looks a little bit "complex".
Why not use a html-list or simply paragraphs (<p>) to separate the api's?

<ul>
     <li>
         <strong>PB API (Persistence Broker API)</strong>
         The PB API implementation is <strong>stable</strong>, known
         issues can be found in
         <link href="ext:release-notes">release-notes</link>.
     </li>

or without the list elements.

>> Thanks. I found redundand TOC/Introduction in doc index page too.
>> http://people.apache.org/~mkalen/ojb/site/docu/index.html
>

> Changed, I just uploaded new content ~1hour ago with all changes
> recommended by you.

looks very good!

> I was actually done several hours ago but I have been busy trying to
> understand why I got 130 (sic!!) faults in the PB API tests with my new
> testcase.
>
> Lets just say that changing a descriptor to DBCP Connection factory
> and explicit maxActive=2/maxWait=125ms/onExhausted=fail is _not_
> goot for the OJB testsuite when that descriptor i global. *doh*

I think at least the test cases need 15 active connections to pass,
because there are several multi-threaded test (10-15 concurrent clients)
and if you set onExhausted=fail it's not good with maxActive=2
That's why I set default maxActive to 30.

> Of course I put my new test first in the testsuite.
>
> I guess I will have to get Tom's -€ for that... ;)
>
>> I would suggest to remove this recommendation. J2EE 1.4/1.3 there is
>> no difference in the JTA and the TxManager is the starting point for
>> OJB to participate in the JTA-tx.
>

> Done! I removed the text "we recommend 1.3" ang changed the link to Sun to:
> http://java.sun.com/j2ee/download.html#sdk
>
> (Both J2EE 1.3 and 1.4 can be grabbed from there.)

ok!

> I won't upload a new site with only that link change though,
> so I am just waiting until you have a look at the status table
> and say go / no-go for that. (I will just commit to CVS not push to
> db.apache.org yet, since there are a number of new config options
> mentioning OJB1.0.4 in there.)

Locally I generate the status site using html-list - looks not bad. But
if you think the html-table based stuff looks better use that.

regards,
Armin