db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [rfc] website docs minor changes
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2005 18:38:50 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:

(otm status)
> I vote to keep the "eye-catcher" in OTM section of status page (using a
> <note> element) to emphasize that work currently stopped.

It's now a note, but I am not so sure the table option looks OK?

Check out:
http://people.apache.org/~mkalen/ojb/site/status.html

(soda)
>> OK, I'll drop it from the doco again until further notice, but I think:
>> *) if it is usable, why not mention it?
>
> Sorry, I never test it.
>
>> *) if it us unsuable, why not remove it from both docs and code?
>
> Maybe we should discuss about the SODA api in a separate thread again
> and remove it if all agree.

Agreed, I get deja-vù so I think we had this discussion before? :)

Anyway, it's not bothering us at the moment so lets do like you say
and deal with this in a separate thread.

> Thanks. I found redundand TOC/Introduction in doc index page too.
> http://people.apache.org/~mkalen/ojb/site/docu/index.html

Changed, I just uploaded new content ~1hour ago with all changes
recommended by you.

>>> Could we add these properties too (to enable prepared statement
>>> caching in DBCP, as suggested by you in another thread)?
>>> poolPreparedStatements
>>> maxOpenPreparedStatements
>>
>> Yup, they are in my code and I am running tests at the moment. I can't
>> test those very well because they conflict with the same concept
>> (PreparedStatement caching) in the Oracle JDBC-driver, I will run it
>> against HSQLDB also since the DBCP solution is pure POJO-based and
>> has no driver requierments at all. Ie, I _think_ it should be good
>> for MaxDB/SapDB.
>>
>> I'm finishing the tests/comitts for a few smaller updates in connection
>> factories in a few hours.
>
> Great! Don't be in such a hurry, you not paid for it ;-)

I was actually done several hours ago but I have been busy trying to
understand why I got 130 (sic!!) faults in the PB API tests with my new
testcase.

Lets just say that changing a descriptor to DBCP Connection factory
and explicit maxActive=2/maxWait=125ms/onExhausted=fail is _not_
goot for the OJB testsuite when that descriptor i global. *doh*

Of course I put my new test first in the testsuite.

I guess I will have to get Tom's -€ for that... ;)

> I would suggest to remove this recommendation. J2EE 1.4/1.3 there is no
> difference in the JTA and the TxManager is the starting point for OJB to
> participate in the JTA-tx.

Done! I removed the text "we recommend 1.3" ang changed the link to Sun to:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/download.html#sdk

(Both J2EE 1.3 and 1.4 can be grabbed from there.)

I won't upload a new site with only that link change though,
so I am just waiting until you have a look at the status table
and say go / no-go for that. (I will just commit to CVS not push to
db.apache.org yet, since there are a number of new config options
mentioning OJB1.0.4 in there.)

Cheers,
  Martin