db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: db-ojb/src/doc/forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs/docu/guides connection.xml repository.xml
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:49:52 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
>>Both connection.xml and repository.xml were encoded in ISO-8859-1/15
>>but had UTF-8 declarations in the XML PI. I have changed the encoding
>>to ISO-8859-15 in both (so Tom can tell med how much in € he will
>>transfer to my bank account). ;-)
>
> Hmm, my account shows -1000€, so I can transfer you that ?!

Um, on second thought, no thanks. :)

> Btw, don't know about IDEA, but for Eclipse there is a decent free XML
> plugin called XmlBuddy which AFAIK honors and checks (?) the encoding.

IDEA has very good integrated XML-editing capabilities for smaller XML
documents (~1MB and smaller in size), it adhers to the file encoding
and is UTF-8 capable. (Since documents are "beautyfied" to the extreme
IDEA will just choke on large document though.)

What I like about jEdit is that it always shows the encoding beeing used
and that it is so easy to switch between encodings for the current buffer
(emacs has the same feature with it's M-x set-buffer-file-coding-system).

In this case, I believe that someone along the line of doc changes
(accidentally) checked the file into CVS with ISO-8859-1 encoding
without changing the XML declaration.

Regards,
  Martin