db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: db-ojb/src/test/org/apache/ojb repository_database.xml
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:16:25 GMT
arminw@apache.org wrote:
> arminw      2005/04/26 17:23:53
>   Log:
>   make handling of OJB in managed environments more flexible, introduce methods is/setManaged
in PBImpl. Now the ConnectionManager can decide (using the new 'managed' flag) when it's allowed
to change the autoCommit state and to commit/rollback a connection (in managed environment
it's not allowed to do this). A specific ConnectionFactory implementation (ConnectionFactoryManagedImpl)
is no longer needed

Great stuff! This makes it less error-prone by not having so many settings
in OJB.properties that needs to be changed in managed environments.

Regarding Connection management: I am currently working on a patch for
Jakarta Slide to be able to use all of the DBCP settings there (Slide
config can currently control only maxActive and has no way of setting
a validation query).

Doing so, I think I finally have found a way to avoid using those deprecated
Abandonded-classes and still get logging of abandoned connections with the
BasicDataSource. I struck me last night that this should be no problem for
OJB to use either!

More to follow... ;)

Cheers,
  Martin