db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject JIRA Release Management
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:41:13 GMT
JIRA has a number of cool features to make it easy to track in which release
a certain issue got fixed. It can also auto-generate copy/paste templates for
release notes, see eg:
See eg http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=11111&styleName=Text&projectId=10700&Create=Create

However, this requires that we start specifying explicit release numbers instead
of the 1.0.x/1.x (which seems to work against the purpose of release-numbers in JIRA).

If we start using 1.0.3, 1.0.4 etc the release manager can perform a project
release action in JIRA to flush the release notes to start fresh for the next
release.

Any thoughts on this? I think we should start using explicit numbers to get
the most help possible from JIRA.

Regards,
  Martin