db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I18n and Oracle9
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:59:03 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
>>Directly to Tom: Is it possible to switch the generated default datatype in
>>DdlUtils? Eg could Vadim's wish of NVARCHAR instead of CHAR be accomplished
>>through property-changes or similar?
>
> Not right now, but this can be easily accomplished, though we might
> opt for a generic solution for databases that support this (e.g. a
> charset = ASCII | UNICODE attribute or something similar).

OK. I think we can summarize with: "no, not in OJB 1.0.x" and
"it would be possible, but is not implemented in OJB 1.1 + DdlUtils".

Any thoughts on a generic approach for DdlUtils, Vadim?

> You can add this yourself, you'll be on the initial committers list
> for DdlUtils ;-)

Good, that makes it one iteration less. :)

I assume you will announce completed project migration here on ojb-dev too?

Cheers,
  Martin