db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Dudziak <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Collection-Factory
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:16:23 GMT
(I post this here because JIRA has problems right now and I cannot add
comments to the issues. I'll add this comment to the issue, as well,
once JIRA works normally again).

I think it is not that easy because the collection proxies instantiate
the collections on their own. E.g. see
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.AbstractCollectionProxy.
I've already added a collection factory mechanism (though not per
collection descriptor but rather per persistence configuration) which
I will subsequently enhance to also handle the proxy part and
additionally provide the object owning the collection. I'd rather like
to avoid the definition of the collection factory per
collection-descriptor and prefer a pluggable solution per persistence
configuration as it is more in line with the current architecture and
should be able to provide the same functionality. One benefit of this
way is that the collection factory can be created outside of OJB and
then plugged into it (which is not possible with the
per-collection-descriptor approach).

Tom