db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Query and QueryByCriteria
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:31:49 GMT
Jakob Braeuchi wrote:
> hi vadim,
>
> i'd prefer to have interfaces for Query, QueryByCriteria,
> QueryByExample, and ReportQuery. the current interface Query is a mix of
>  the first three interfaces.

Does it mean you plan to trim Query interface?

> how would your extended Query-interface look like ?

So far it's class, named QueryByFKCriteria, and it is simplification of the
QueryByCriteria class. It takes (Class, String[] names, String[] values) as
constructir arguments and internally creates Criteria in the form of "name=value
AND ...".

After that, if foreign-key stored procedure is declared on the class, my queries
are executing using this stored procedure. Otherwise, SqlSelectStatement
generates select as usual.

> immutable queries is a problem in the current version of ojb because
> some of the criteria are generated at runtime (ie. IdentityCriteria),
> see preprocess.

Ok

Vadim

> jakob
>
> Vadim Gritsenko schrieb:
>
>> Jakob Braeuchi wrote:
>>
>>> hi vadim,
>>>
>>> query-refactoring is already on my todo-list. i prefer to convert
>>> QueryByCriteria into an interface and to have a QueryByCriteriaImpl
>>> class.
>>

>> You don't want to extend Query interface then, do you?
>>
>> What do you think about possibility of immutable Query objects? It
>> might be too complex to implement, though...
>>
>> Vadim
>>
>>> jakob

<snip/>