db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release date for OJB 1.0.3 - a bug fix release
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:32:03 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:20:22 -0500, Brian McCallister <brianm@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Critical bug fix == ASAP.
>>
>>Can push it this weekend.
>>
>>We can update tutorials anytime. Seriously, bug fix type releases can
>>be really really common, that is okay. I think that if we fix a bug, we
>>should push the release, immediately.
>

> I beg to disagree. IMO we should establish a release schedule of, say,
> every month or so, to allow users to actually update to the new
> version. The changes in between then would be few enough to handle
> issues during the update easily.

There is one critical typo bug in OJB.properties file:
# Enable disable cascading delete for 1:n references
cascadingDeleteOneToN=true

instead of 'false'. This can cause really undesired behavior if you
delete objects (odmg-api only) with an 1:n relation when the referenced
objects itself have a 1:n (all will be deleted).

Armin