db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: odmg-api refactoring status
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:34:39 GMT
Armin Waibel wrote:
> after rack my brains, smashing my computers and short of sleep it seems
> that the odmg-api refactoring nearly finished.

Go easy on yourself Admin, we want to keep you alive also after the
release! :)

> That's the good news, the bad is that I have to change the auto-xxx
> settings of m:n relations (instead 'false' now 'none') and we have a
> dramatic performance decrease (60%).

It is better to do it slow but right in the first place. Optimizations
can always be candidates for future maintenance release. As long as you
get the functionality together, the new relase will be more functionally
correct and that is the big improvement.

My 0.02SEK. ;)

> - The cascading delete behavior of the odmg-api is now adjustable in
> OJB.properties file and at runtime using the
> TransactionExt#setCascadeDelete method

Cool.

> - Now odmg-api can handle m:n relations

Great!

> - The object state detection was improved. Now new object in references
> will be found, needless update statements will be prevented, proxy
> objects will not be materialized on commit call (except on delete).

Really good that you finally found the materialization problem.

Cheers,
  Martin