db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Waibel <arm...@apache.org>
Subject odmg-api refactoring status
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 02:14:56 GMT
Hi Folks,

after rack my brains, smashing my computers and short of sleep it seems
that the odmg-api refactoring nearly finished. I will add new test cases
and fix all known issues in odmg-api - except 1 failure (hope I can fix
it soon). Will check in this stuff tomorrow.

That's the good news, the bad is that I have to change the auto-xxx
settings of m:n relations (instead 'false' now 'none') and we have a
dramatic performance decrease (60%).

Here are the important notes:

- All m:n relation need auto-update/delete 'none'. Currently the setting
is changed internal - needs fix till release, update of test case mappings.

- The cascading delete behavior of the odmg-api is now adjustable in
OJB.properties file and at runtime using the
TransactionExt#setCascadeDelete method

- Now odmg-api can handle m:n relations

- The object state detection was improved. Now new object in references
will be found, needless update statements will be prevented, proxy
objects will not be materialized on commit call (except on delete).

regards,
Armin