db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Code freeze
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:24:17 GMT
Greetings,
  just to make sure no one is waiting for any commits from me for the
1.0.2 I am making a personal "code freeze" until the release is out.

Most Oracle issues reported in the past months when I didn't have time
to work on OJB have been resolved. What I can't verify is BEA WebLogic
or JBoss environments, but I'm pretty confident with the JBoss
development because of active user-feedback from Don Lyon on the user-list.

The only known Oracle-issue on my TODO-list now is that the large LOB
support will fail if using batch-mode and the Oracle thin driver. I have
never seen a user-report mention batch-mode with Oracle so I think
chances are low we will get negative feedback because of this. (It has
always been there and can wait a bit longer IMO. As last resort I can
add detection + hard exceptions for this situation so that it at least
does not go unnoticed.)

I am also "circling" in the connection factory areas and have locally
modified versions touching OJB301 plus the discussing re closed
connections in pool with Ilkka and Armin. Mostly it's about improving
JavaDoc and move code to the right place from an API contract point of view.

However, none of the connection things are bugs in OJB, it's mostly
cosmetic improvements so I will hold all of this off until after the
release. Since connection management is refactored in OJB1.1
(jcd-centric pools which is a great improvement) it would also make
sense to concentrate efforts there. Ilkka's patch can be left on the
1.0.x maintenance branch since it helps him in his use-case and doesn't
really hurt anyone else either from a functional POV.

So... no more mkalen committs for a while to clear the smoke for a
package. Since things have moved a bit since the vote, just to re-verify
after CVS update of OJB_1_0_RELEASE @ 2005-03-18T00:10 GMT tests pass
with Oracle9i.

ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl:
[junit] Running org.apache.ojb.broker.AllTests
[junit] Tests run: 620, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 160,218 s
[junit] Running org.apache.ojb.odmg.AllTests
[junit] Tests run: 129, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 19,687 s
[junit] Running org.apache.ojb.soda.AllTests
[junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3,25 s
[junit] Running org.apache.ojb.otm.AllTests
[junit] Tests run: 79, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 17,234 s

ConnectionFactoryDBCPImpl:
[junit] Running org.apache.ojb.broker.AllTests
[junit] Tests run: 620, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 165,859 s
[junit] Running org.apache.ojb.odmg.AllTests
[junit] Tests run: 129, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 22,406 s
[junit] Running org.apache.ojb.soda.AllTests
[junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3,75 s
[junit] Running org.apache.ojb.otm.AllTests
[junit] Tests run: 79, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 16,125 s

Regards,
  Martin