db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feature Proposal: Bytecode generated Proxies
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:00:38 GMT
Clute, Andrew wrote:
> At the same time, a new proxy system can be introduced into HEAD that
 > incorporates a plug-in style model. Get the best of both worlds:
 > an immediate scratch to the itch (or is that itch to a scratch)
 > and a long-term clean, flexible solution.

+1

> does anyone have comments or suggestions on the changes I proposed to the metadata

Nothing in particular from me, just that it seems logical to try your
approach to make a similar extension with magic words as for the new
auto-XXX settings. I guess Armin has more background on this.

If any or both of these value sets (auto/proxy) are considered "ugly"
they could be harmonized in HEAD so that they both get adjusted in a
similar way. Keeping things similar would help both users and developers
maintaining.

Regards,
  Martin