db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feature Proposal: Bytecode generated Proxies
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:52:10 GMT
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> Btw. you won't remove the conditional compilation because of support
> for generics and enums (hopefully soon added).

...and there is also different JDBC-levels set by the code switcher.

As for the proxy bit, from a maintenance point of view it sound much
better to use cglib throughout rather than having two different approaches.

I agree with Tom that this work is best done in HEAD if it's not a
drop-in-replacement for 1.0.2, however it might be a bit of overworking
it to provide a pluggable approach in 1.0.x-branch.

There is some great work in 1.1 - many of those annoying things you will
swear at when working in the maintenance branch have been refactored,
maybe Andrew's work with proxies could be a good push for getting 1.1
more production ready and focus development on HEAD?

Just some random thoughts... as long as the code switcher is alive I
won't complain whatever is beeing decided re proxies. :)

(Speaking of annoying things; anyone for dropping support for everything
that requires code switching?) *grin*

Cheers,
  Martin