db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kalén <mka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patches for the 1.0.2
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 06:24:28 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:
> Any chance you could rebuild the second patch? I am getting weird errors
> applying =(

I'm running the tests with Vadim's path #2 now... Diffs are human
readable (but it's not as fun applying them). ;)

RT: aren't there synch issues with a public getter for classToPrefetch
and unsynchronized "quick-null-and-do-work"?

I seem to recall the occasional null-pointer exception related to
prefetching and Armin's recently commited synchronization in Identity
also smells like the same issue. By the way, I am still getting the
occasional ERROR in MetadataMultithreadedTest even with Armin's latest
path - maybe Vadim actually hit the spot with always resetting
classToPrefetch.

Hm... best leave that to Jakob. :) If Vadim's patch goes through
regression tests I'll commit this as it at least makes things better.

Regards,
  Martin