db-ojb-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Braeuchi <jbraeu...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: Problem: Copy field values
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:37:12 GMT
hi all,

imo we should first exactly define the purpose of the 2nd level cache
before we can decide which types to cache.

if the 2nd level cache is mainly used to increase performance then i
think caching of lobs etc. does not make sense. what do we cache if an
object has lob-fields ? all other fields, or do we not cache the whole
object at all ?

if the 2nd level cache is used to optimize sql-updates we should store
as many types as possible.

just my 0.02 chf

jakob